Map of Stow-on-the-Wold & the Cotswolds
How to Get to Stow-on-the-Wold
Stow-on-the-Wold is a pretty market town located at the heart of England's Cotswolds, an area of outstanding natural beauty. The Cotswold area is the rural England of picture postcards, rolling hills, dry stone walls and pretty villages built of honey coloured stone. But Stow-on-the-Wold is still less than 2 hours from London by car or by train.
Within 30 minutes drive of Stow-on-the-Wold are the attractions of Shakespeare's Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwick Castle, Blenheim Palace & Regency Cheltenham. The dreaming spires of Oxford are about 40 minutes away and the Georgian splendour of Bath is a little more than 1 hour by car.
Getting here by Car (Postcode for town centre: GL54 1AF)
Coming from London and the South East
- Take the M40 motorway towards Oxford and Birmingham.
- Exit the M40 at Junction 8 onto the A40 for Oxford.
- Follow the A40 around Oxford towards Cheltenham.
- At the Burford roundabout take the A361 through Burford then the A424 towards Stow.
- The A424 meets the A429 Fosse Way just south of Stow on the Wold, turn right at the traffic lights and climb the hill to Stow on the Wold.
Coming from the North
- Take the M40 motorway towards Warwick and Oxford.
- Exit the M40 at Junction 15 onto the A429 for Cirencester and Stow.
- Continue on the A429 Fosse Way for about 30 minutes, passing through Moreton-in-Marsh en-route until you reach Stow on the Wold.
Getting here by Train
You can catch a train to nearby Moreton-in-Marsh from London's Paddington Station. You can then travel the last few miles to Stow-on-the-Wold by bus or by taxi.
Use the map below for a more detailed look at where Stow-on-the-Wold is located within Gloucestershire and the Cotswolds.